Nine Mayo Clinic employees will speak at the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) annual conference and exhibition in Orlando, Florida, Feb. 19-23.
Highlighting the Mayo presenters will be Mayo Clinic Chief Information Officer Christopher Ross, who will make the HIMSS preconference AsiaPac Summit keynote address The Role of Team-Based Care on the Path to Health Care Transformation.
Ross will also present on Emerging Impacts of Artificial Intelligence on Healthcare IT. That session, on Feb. 20, will explore how artificial intelligence and machine learning is changing health care and data collection and analysis, and how it can be used to address problems in patient care. The session also features James Golden, managing director, PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC).
The five-day conference features about 300 sessions and 1,200 exhibitors, and is expected to attract more than 40,000 health IT professionals. This year, the keynote speakers are former Speaker of the House John Boehner, former Pennsylvania Governor Ed Rendell, IBM President and CEO Ginni Rometty, and entrepreneurs Robert Herjavec and Kevin O’Leary of the reality TV series Shark Tank.
Here’s a look at the other presentations featuring Mayo Clinic.
- Certification in Healthcare: Learning Where There is Value – Andrew Galbus and Kenneth Stensvold
- Create and Scale an Enterprise Telehealth Support Model – Jenna Beck and Susan Kapraun
- Creating a Culture of Cybersecurity from the Board to the Break Room – JoEllen Frain
- Differentiate Your Skillsets from Others: Earn a Professional Certification – Andrew Galbus and Kenneth Stensvold
- Identity Management: Challenges and Opportunities – Brian Decker and Munawwar Khan
- Smart Alerts in Healthcare: Real as Never Before – Vitaly Herasevich, M.D., Ph.D.
The session Identity Management: Challenges and Opportunities is sponsored by the Mayo Clinic Office of Information and Knowledge Management (OIKM). The session Emerging Impacts of Artificial Intelligence on Healthcare IT is tied to work done at OIKM.
Follow the conference on Twitter using the hashtag #HIMSS17.