Mayo Clinic gastroenterologist and celiac disease expert Joseph Murray, M.D., will be serving as a keynote speaker at the Celiac Disease Foundation’s upcoming National Education Conference and Gluten Free Expo being held May 4th and 5th in Pasadena, CA.
Dr. Murray, along with fellow keynote speaker, Peter Green, M.D., Director of the Celiac Disease Center at Columbia University, will be addressing questions of:
- Why has the prevalence of celiac disease increased?
- How can we prevent the development of celiac disease?
- What is the increased risk of mortality for those with celiac disease?
- How can we improve the timeline for a cure?
- Why must I be diagnosed if I know I feel better not eating gluten?
- What exactly is non-celiac gluten sensitivity?
Dr. Murray will also be moderating a panel discussion featuring leaders of pharmaceutical companies that will cover emerging treatments and breaking therapies in celiac disease.
Visit the CDF website for more information and registration information.
Dr. Murray discusses why gluten-free diets are on the rise: