In Mayo Clinic research news over the past seven days, the headlines covered medical marijuana, systemic racism, Alzheimer's, and a range of other topics including COVID-19.
- Minnesota Senate bill could increase spinal cord research funding, KSTP, 3/4/2021
- This $285 eye scan may someday detect Alzheimer's risk. (It also requires plenty of curry flavoring.), Advisory Board, 3/2/2021
- Siegel: Solution to our STEM problem is elementary, inMaricopa, 3/4/2021 lose.
- Do You Suffer From Migraine and Another Chronic Illness? Psychology Today, 3/6/2021
- Medical Marijuana Is Not Regulated as Most Medicines Are, New York Times, 3/8/2021
- Black women’s health problems during menopause haven’t been a focus of medicine. Experts and activists want to change that. The Washington Post, 3/6/2021
- Can some drugs delay aging? Scientists focus on those that target frailty and age-related disease. The Washington Post, 3/7/2021
- Lewy Body Dementia Shares Risk Genes with Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, AlzForum, 3/5/2021
- Task force calls on health care community to join forces in addressing systemic racism, Healio News, 3/5/2021
- Black, Asian, Hispanic Children and ADHD Diagnoses, Healthline, 3/2/2021
- A new housing community in Phoenix features homes that focus on healthy living, AZfamily.com, 3/3/2021
- Agent Orange Associated with Higher Risk for Dementia in Study of Vietnam Vets, Neurology Today, 3/4/2021
- 11 telehealth tweaks that help team-based care flourish, American Medical Association, 3/2/2021
- Big Drops in LDL Cholesterol With Inclisiran, but US Clinicians Still Await Drug’s Approval, tctMD, 3/3/2021
- Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month draws awareness to illness prevention, KEYC TV, 3/2/2021 by Meghan
- Two-year delay in diagnosis common for patients with psoriatic arthritis, Healio News, 3/3/2021
- Engineering student and alumnus place top two at Mayo Clinic competition, Western News, 3/3/2021
- Lenalidomide plus R-CHOP shows promise among patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma, Healio News, 3/1/2021
- A Patient Insisted on a Trial. Docs Listened and Saved Lives, Medscape, 3/3/2021
Headlines about COVID-19
- What to know about the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine, KARE 11, 3/4/2021
- Pandemic has increased loneliness more for women than men, research finds, Becker's Hospital Review, 3/4/2021
- Patients with Dementia Face Higher Risk for COVID-19 EHRs Reveal Adverse Outcomes and Disparities, Neurology Today, 3/4/2021
- Hair Loss After COVID-19: Experts Explain Reasons for Telogen Effluvium, Science Times, 3/7/2021
- Minnesota's long haul: One year of COVID-19, Minneapolis Star Tribune, 3/7/2021
- COVID-19 Costs Could Push Hospitals To Rethink Billions in Wasted Supplies, The Wire Science, 3/5/2021
- Could the COVID Vaccine Affect Mammogram Results? Health Central, 3/3/2021
- If you enjoyed this article, you might want to subscribe for regular updates.
- If you want to share this story with friends, social media links are at the top of the article.
- And if you want to see other recent stories on the blog, the index page is a great place to start.
ADHD, aging, Alzheimer's disease, biomarkers, cholesterol, clinical trials, colorectal cancer, COVID-19, dementia, Findings, health care systems engineering, health disparities, Innovations, lymphoma, marijuana, medical innovation, menopause, migraine, multiple chronic conditions, News, News of the Week, Parkinson's disease, spinal cord injury, team science, telehealth, veterans