Dr. Eric Green summed up his plenary talk at Mayo's Individualizing Medicine conference by sharing his vision for what we'll see (and he and his colleagues will do) in genomics research and application before 2020.
Hot Areas in Genomic Medicine:
- Cancer genomics
- Pharmacogenomics…(genomic-guided prescriptions)
- Ultra-rare genetic disease diagnosis
- Prenatal and Newborn sequencing and analysis
- Clinical geonmics information systems (computer/bioinformatics)
- Genomic medicine… "It's not hypothetical anymore."